E-book

Monday, March 12, 2012

Sony DCR-VX2100 3CCD MiniDV Handycam Camcorder w/12x Optical Zoom

UPDATE. 3-3-8. I used this camcorder to film myself making a house painting video. It has been selling on Amazon for over 10 months now. Check out house painting dvd's in the search bar from the DVD section and click on Weekend Painter's DVD! Or see a short clip at weekendpaintersdvd.com! This is the reason I bought this in the first place and it worked like the champ it is! Still going strong, but now I use for weekend trips to the mountains and beach, and so forth. Always pleased when I come home and plug it in to watch the footage!

Original review starts here: SO MUCH PRAISE ALREADY...WHERE DO I BEGIN?
Well this is simply the best camcorder I've ever owned or used. At this level I've used the GL2 in the past. But I bought the VX2100.
I took some footage of a lake recently and thought I was looking at film when I played it back on my HDTV. The color was beautiful and natural looking! One rule. The better the lighting the better the picture!

My first camcorder was a JVC in 87' VHS-C that was just about the same size as this camcorder now. But me-o-my, what a difference digital makes!!
I dig the iLink from my camcorder to my PC and TV and my DVD recorder. ilink can run the show!

Many manual features that lets a dude take control and play around when he has to and wants too! On screen menu really simple and the manual for this is well written and straight forward. But I must admit that some of the dubbing info is over my head at present as well as using memory chip tapes. But I'll get there.

12X zoom could be more but it can also be plenty! Stabilization works fine for my needs, but alot of what I shoot is tripod mounted! "Put it on the TRIPOD" {what movie was that from?} ha ha.

The 2 1/2" LCD is a bit small, works fine, but I find myself gravitating to the eyepiece. It's quicker to use and saves battery life. But the LCD is great to turn 180 degrees to shoot yourself with {ha} and use the remote with!
You might want to buy the Sony 970 battery. Don't waste or risk on other brands, this one battery I used for 6 hrs straight doing an interview and it still had life in it!! The one that come with it is of course a small battery that lasts about 2 1/2 hrs. Thats rec. play-back, stand-by etc etc. Just these two batteries is all I need!!!!!!

Also I added a wide angle lense. The Canon 58m wide anlge works fine with this unit.
Some lighting too; How about Smith Victor 2 umbrella 250 watts lights. Makes indoor shooting look like a TV show!

Lastly a mic. Depending on your use, you might want a shotgun mic for outdoors, or a lav mic indoors. The on camera mic is for people speaking rather close.

All in all I couldn't be happier that I bought "this" camchttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.giforder. I read and looked around quite awhile before I bought. I think I have more Sony products in my house than any other and this is now no exception! Lights, camera, action!

For more information please click here!



Related Link

New Digital Camera Store

New Digital Camera Store

No comments:

Post a Comment